- September 29, 2014
- Posted by: Michelle
- Category: Funding Opportunities
Caribbean Export Development Agency (Caribbean Export), within the framework of the 10th European Development Fund (EDF)-funded Bi-national Programme Haiti-Dominican Republic, Trade Component, will assist Haitian and Dominican firms interested in exporting products to the Cuban market, to participate in the premier trade fair in Cuba, the Havana International Fair (FIHAV) 2014.
FIHAV began in 1983 and the fair has, through the years, established itself as a significant exhibition with international reach and interest. In this, the 32nd edition of the trade fair, FIHAV 2014 will provide more than 20,000 m of exhibition space for approximately 4,500 exhibitors from more than 60 countries. The trade fair is also expected to host about 150,000 visitors. For more information on FIHAV 2014, please visit:http://www.feriahavana.com/index.php?module=default/principal
The trade fair is being organized and promoted by the Ministry of Foreign Trade and Investment of the Republic of Cuba, the Cuban Chamber of Commerce, the Convention Palace and EXPOCUBA. FIHAV is a multi-sector commercial fair with the main industry sectors covered being consumer goods, machinery, equipment, information technology, raw materials and services.
Caribbean Export’s intervention in FIHAV 2014 will focus on creating business opportunities between Cuba, Dominican Republic, and Haiti. Additional business linkages may be possible with other participating exhibitors/countries.
Scope of Work
Caribbean Export will select businesses from the Haitian and Dominican Private Sector that have indicated an interest in participating in FIHAV 2014 and whose products are deemed suitable and ready for the Cuban market. Selected companies will be provided with exhibition space in a booth/stand within the Expo, where goods can be showcased and presented. Also, the beneficiary companies will be able to participate in Business to Business (B2B) Meetings that will be coordinated with Cuban firms. The objective of these meetings is to foster a business-conducive platform that leads to the realization of business opportunities. Participation in FIHAV 2014 is open for application from any Dominican or Haitian firm that is interested in participating.
Should you require additional information, please call 809-531-2259 or 509-22-30-92-95.
Expressions of interest must be submitted no later than October 6 2014
Interested participants are also required to provide additional documentation with the Expression of Interest Form. These include:
- Letter stating why you think you are a strong and appropriate participant (please see selection criteria information below as a guide for the contents of this letter) ( 600 words);
- A company profile ( 200 words);
- A high resolution digital photo of the product (s) to be displayed in the booth;
- Completed Application form;
- Letter of commitment addressed to Caribbean Export stating your willingness to provide information on contracts for exports to the market which were signed as a direct result of your participation in the event
Criteria for Selection
- Be a Registered Company or Business Name in either Haiti or Dominican Republic
- Be in operation for at least two years
- Be able to demonstrate business growth and profitability
- Have sufficient financial and human resources to support follow up activities and secure and maintain export orders
- Comply with relevant international standards (if applicable)
- Demonstrate awareness about the Cuban market
Please note that for this event, Caribbean Export will only cover the costs related to the Exhibition Stand and B2B meetings, and a roundtrip airfare for one representative from each company selected.
Download the EOI Application Form-FIHAV 2014
Download this Expression of Interest Notice -FIHAV 2014