- September 29, 2014
- Posted by: Michelle
- Category: Funding Opportunities
Caribbean Export Development Agency (Caribbean Export), within the framework of the 10th European Development Fund (EDF)-funded Bi-national Programme Haiti-Dominican Republic, Trade Component, will be assisting Haitian exporters and French Caribbean importers to participate in the French Week Business Forum hosted by the Dominican-French Chamber of Commerce.
The Business Forum is held in the context of a larger event, French Week or La Semaine Française, which was first held in 2012 and attracted delegations from Gaudeloupe, Martinique, French Guyana, and Haiti. The event included a Business Forum with more than 200 participants and a commercial exhibition space with more than 60 exhibitors.
Please see more information in the Business Forum Agenda:
Caribbean Export’s intervention in the French Week Business Forum will focus on creating business opportunities between Haiti, Dominican Republic, France, and the French Caribbean (Guadeloupe, Martinique). Additional business linkages may be possible with other participating exhibitors/countries.
Scope of Work
Caribbean Export will select businesses from the Haitian and French Caribbean Private Sector that have indicated an interest in participating in the French Week Business Forum and whose products are deemed suitable and ready for the export market. Participation is open for application from any Haitian exporter and Martinican and Guadeloupean importers that are interested in participating.
Beneficiary companies will be able to participate in Business to Business (B2B) Meetings that will be coordinated between Haitian and French Caribbean firms. The objective of these meetings is to foster a business-conducive platform that leads to the realization of business opportunities.
Should you require additional information, please call 809-531-2259 or 509-22-30-92-95.
Expressions of interest must be submitted no later than October 6, 2014.
Interested participants are also required to provide additional documentation with the Expression of Interest Form. These include:
- A company profile ( 200 words);
- Letter stating why you think you are a strong and appropriate participant including a an expression of commitment stating your willingness to provide information on contracts for exports/imports and destination market which were signed as a direct result of your participation in the event ( 600 words).
Criteria for Selection
- Be a Registered Company or Business Name in either Haiti, Martinique or Guadeloupe
- Be in operation for at least two years
- Be able to demonstrate business growth and profitability
- Have sufficient financial and human resources to support follow up activities and secure and maintain export/import orders
- Comply with relevant international standards (if applicable)
Please note that for this event, Caribbean Export will only cover airfare for one representative from each company selected.